Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Coolant Leaking

  1. #1
    Inactive Member IAIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Coolant is leaking somewhere around my Intake Manifold and the heat from the engine is burning it and making white smoke which is bad.

    How can I fix this? I can't figure out which hose it is exactly so I don't know how to patch this up!

    What should I look for? Who has had this problem?

    ------------------
    www.fourthgenhatch.com

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kunundrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fill your rad completely let the engine run for a few minutes (idle) and refill the rad until completly full.

    place rad cap back on and allow engine to cool.

    grab to rad hose and Squeese that sucker and look around for a leak. since liquid does not compress you will find it.. once you find it patch it.

    ------------------
    *****
    1990 Civic H/B *wrecked & being parted out*
    *****
    ZC Powered 90 CRX SI With Mods
    I/H/C/E
    +

    -----------
    planned
    -----------
    - Rims (15")
    - Turbo

  3. #3
    Inactive Member RedRacerCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most likely its one of the hoses thats right under your intake manifold, last night i had to repace 2 of them because they busted for no reason and it ended being the one thats like 4 inches long thats under the manifold and boy did it suck trying to get the hose in and out.

    ------------------
    My little '91 Si
    http://hometown.aol.com/skatemesa1
    Kill list:
    95' geo metro
    00' goped
    69' pinto
    92' suzuki swift
    97'garbage truck
    old lady in a buick
    school bus

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Perfectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's no short cuts. You're gonna have to find the leak. If you've got one of those coolant flushing 'T's, dump it. They always leak eventually. I had a leak on one of the small hoses that goes to the IACV. It was leaking right near the t-stat. I just snipped 1/2 inch off and re-attatched it. Otherwise, I haven't had any coolant leaks.

    ------------------
    '90 Civic Si

  5. #5
    Inactive Member IAIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedRacerCivic:
    Most likely its one of the hoses thats right under your intake manifold, last night i had to repace 2 of them because they busted for no reason and it ended being the one thats like 4 inches long thats under the manifold and boy did it suck trying to get the hose in and out.

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    You got it! I found a hose that was above the manifold though and it had green liquid on it so I wrapped it in duct tape until I can get a new hose. Anything to keep it from producing smoke.


    ------------------
    www.fourthgenhatch.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •